10th September` 2017
I met Aditya yesterday at Canary Wharf for lunch, what an eye opener it was…
When I was listening to Aditya telling me about riding the trans-Siberian highway
solo, a distance of about ten thousand kilometers from Vladivostok to Moscow, and then from there thru Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, France, to England, I couldn’t help but try to visualise Aditya doing what he has been for the last 10-12 weeks or so.
I thought of what makes Aditya tick, why is he for goodness sakes doing this in his early sixties. I tried comparing my motivational levels with Aditya, would I match or not..
Over the course of my working career, I have often thought and ruminated over success, and what are the ingredients of achieving success. I always believed that success came from three primary factors or conditions if you like.
- Pure dame Luck…being at the right place at the right time..
- Undisputedly hard work..
- Riding your luck…taking chances..
I now would like to add certain other attributes, which I think are significant, “success factors”. By reading and listening to personal growth coaches, and motivational speakers, it has been proven that if you pay heed to certain attributes, you will succeed without a shadow of a doubt. These are:
- Total and clear clarity of thought of what you want to do, as in riding solo round the world.
- Is this totally a must, and necessary for you to do to achieve your goals.
- Do you have the physical energy to make this happen.
- Managing your, “productivity” to make this happen, to learn new skills, and to keep the distractions at bay.
- Be courageous, take risks.
- The ability to persuade your family, friends and foe to listen to you whereby they do what you want them to do.
In all these six attributes I would score very high marks with Aditya, and for these reasons alone, I know Aditya will surely succeed, in his quest to conqueror the World.
Manage these attributes, and so shall you succeed, no matter what you`re doing, guaranteed !
Good luck my friend, ride well, and go for it, the world awaits you..